Terms & conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS – windows
The Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before signing the order!
- This order is accepted by the Company subject to a final technical survey, which will be carried out
- The Company will take all reasonable care of the Purchaser’s property when carrying out the work but cannot accept liability for damage or re-decoration. The Contract Price does not include
forthe repair or replacement of any rotten timber found during the course of carrying out the works of for the repair otherwise of any other structural defects unless such work is specified in the schedule of additional work on the Contract. Any such work found to be necessary will be paid for additionally by the Purchaser immediately upon completion. Where new timber has been specified in the schedule, the cost shall include for the priming of the new timber only but not any further painting.
- The Purchaser agrees to permit access to the Company, with its servants and workmen to the installation address at all reasonable times in order that the Company may carry out the works scheduled. If within 28 days of being advised that the Company is ready to install, the purchaser has not agreed to an installation date, the balance of the Contract Price becomes due and payable.
- The Company will, in its absolute discretion, carry out works as it considers proper to reduce condensation, but without warranty that condensation (if any) will be reduced. IN NO WAY WILL THE COMPANY GUARANTEE, BY ITSELF OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, THAT THE CONDENSATION CAN BE ELIMINATED OR REDUCED.
- Any sample or demonstration model shown by the Company Representatives is intended to illustrate a typical example of the Company’s products and materials used. The units supplied to the Purchaser may not necessarily be identical to the sample of demonstration model shown, as the Company is engaged in continuous design and developments and reserves the right to supply to a modified specification.
- Timber frames will not be supplied unless specified in the schedule
- It should be clearly understood that no alteration or cancellation of the order, if signed by the customer “subject to Building Society approval”, can be
made,unless a letter is received from the Building Society concerned and such notice must be sent by recorded delivery to the Company’s Head Office.
- The balance of the purchase price is payable when the units have been properly installed or delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract. Payment is to be made to the installer in cash or by cheque in favour of Allder Glass Limited. Any outstanding balances not paid in full by the customer on the date of the installation will be compounded at a monthly interest rate of 2.5% and could render the makers guarantee null and void.
- The delivery or installation period quoted is that anticipated at
t hetime of the order and will be improved upon if possible. If the work is not completed inthe delivery period stated, the customer may serve written notice by recorded delivery post, addressed to the Company’s head office requiring the work to be completed within six weeks. If the work is not completed within such extended period, the customer may cancel the uncompleted work within penalty on either side and without loss of any deposit paid by serving written notice by recorded delivery post to the effect to the Company. Notwithstanding the forgoing, the Company shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the work arising from causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company, and, in the eventthat time has been made the essence of the contract, time shall not run during such delay.
- *The Company will replace all goods which are or become defective by reason of faulty materials or workmanship on the following basis: a) in respect of white PVCu extrusion which are or
becomedefective within 10 years of installation, b) in respect of wood grain PVCu extrusions which are or become defective within 5 years of the installation.
- Guarantee Periods Against Seal Failure. New frame installations 10 years. PVCu and aluminium replacement units 5 years. Timber beaded 2 years.
yearsGUARANTEE to repair or replace, free of all charges for labour and materials, any item which has been supplied but not manufactured by Allder Glass Limited such as locks or mechanical and electrical appliances.
- The glass used is of the best quality obtainable but may have minor imperfections as the Company cannot supply glass to a higher standard than the manufacturers can provide. The glass is hermetically sealed. Double –glazing will comply with visual quality standards set out by the Glass and Glazing Federation.
- No undertaking can be given that the customers existing doors, windows and/or frames can be removed so as to be fit for re-use or any other purpose and they will be removed from the site and disposed of unless the customer instructs the installer to leave them. Every effort will be made to protect and clean our working areas as best as practicable, but we cannot be held responsible for small fragments/splinters/particles, which may still be present.
- The customer should ensure that any other representation or promise made before or at the time of signature to the contract not included in the printed form of the contract is added in the writing on the face of the contract and signed by the customer and the Company or its agent. In this
waythere will be no doubt as to the terms of the representation or promise.
- Where contracts are negotiated away from business premises, if you are unhappy with the contract for any reason, it can be cancelled and a refund of the deposit can be obtained by giving notice, in writing, addressed to the Company’s Head Office, within seven days of the date on which the contract was signed.
Terms & Conditions – Glazing
- Definitions. In these conditions of sale, “The Company” means Allder Glass Limited, whose office is at Toutley Road, Wokingham Berkshire RG41 1QN. “The Purchaser” means the person, firm or company from whom an order is accepted by the Company. “Goods” means goods or services which are
subjectof such an order be it placed verbally or in writing.
- Price. Unless it is a term of
contractthat the price quoted shall remain fixed; the price shall be the Company’s price ruling at the date of dispatch of the goods. On a call-out a minimum charge equal to that quoted in the Company’s current price lists is payable. All prices are quoted net of value addedtax, which will be added at the rate ruling on the date of dispatch.
- Price. Where goods and services are provided on credit, payment will be required 30 days from the date of invoice. The company reserves the right to charge interest on any invoice not paid at the rate of 5% over LIBOR from the date payment is due until actual payment.
- Risk. Risk shall pass to the Purchaser when goods leave the Company’s premises in all types of supply, whether the Company (or the Company’s agent) delivers or the Purchaser collects.
- Delivery. The Company may deliver by instalments and each instalment shall be deemed to be sold under a separate contract. Payment for goods delivered by instalment should be made as if separate invoices had been issued at each instalment.
- Acceptance. The Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted the goods if not rejected within twenty-four hours of delivery or collection or immediately in the event of the Purchaser having signed a note of acceptance or delivery. Rejection subsequently will not be acceptable to the Company.
7. i. Limitation of Liability. The Company’s liability to the Purchaser in respect of the direct or indirect consequences of any breach or non-performance howsoever caused or of the strikes or of lock-outs or of any other circumstance beyond the Company’s control or of non-supply by a third party or arising out of negligence or of any misrepresentation or of force majeure or of any other tort or breach of statute by the Company,
7.ii. Document and Disclaimer “In the event that the Purchaser shall have specified the supply of goods which include obscured or frosted glazing which does not meet the requirements of the Guidance Approved Document N1 and N2 1992 Edition (Second Impression) pursuant to the Building Regulations 1991 or any replacement approved document or substitution therefore, the Company shall not be liable to the Purchaser in respect of the direct or indirect consequences of any injury or any other liability whatsoever occasioned to the Purchaser through the specification by the Purchaser and supply by the Company to the Purchaser of such glazing whether or not such glazing is replacement glazing or is supplied in respect of a dwelling.
8. Title. Notwithstanding that the risk in the goods has passed to the Purchaser the ownership of the goods shall remain with the Company which reserves the right to possession and to dispose of the goods until such time that payment has been received in full by the Company and cleared through the Company’s bank account. In the event of the Purchaser’s insolvency, the Company will retain title to the goods, even if paid for, in respect of the unpaid price of any other goods sold and delivered to the Purchaser by the Company under the same or any other contract.
9. Statutory Liability. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be interpreted as excluding or restricting the statutory rights of the Purchaser.
10. English Law and Jurisdiction. The formation, construction and performance of any agreement or shall be governed in all by English Law.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – quotes & estimates
Based on re-use of any existing beading or gasket, unless specified. Excludes re-decoration, unless specified. Excludes removal and replacement of any furniture, furnishings, fittings, fixtures or articles to enable work to be done. This includes curtains, nets and blinds.
We can not take any responsibility for damage caused to any of the above if not removed by customer whilst work is executed. We reserve the right to charge for
A full statement is available on request or via www.ggf.org.uk or www.pilkington.com. The use of silicone instead Butyl is the recommendation of our unit manufacturers. For this